Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tips for drainage campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Struggling with a drainage client client at the moment. Extremely competitive, high CPCs, mostly mobile searches.

Over the past week conversions have decreased drastically, the only change I could see was a reduction in ad position. With a restricted budget I increased cpc's as much as possible and also encouraged the budget to be increased. Yet to see a return in conversions though. Budget has been more than doubled but after 2 days along with the CPC's... still very little traction. 

We have not used call only due to the high cpc, so these are search campaigns with mobile bid modifiers and ads running 8am to 8pm. Manual bidding. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tips for drainage campaigns

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Yes, unfortunately, AdWords is very competitive and in some but still, it's possible to create profitable campaign even in very competitive industries. 

Due to the law of the small numbers, I never estimate results based on the 1-7 period of time (unless it's huge commerce projects) so maybe you need to wait some time to gather more data. There often ups and downs. 

In such cases, I create a segment labeling my most profitable keywords and compare their performance. 

Also, it's very important to filter by ad spend to see if you are wasting money on low-quality traffic. If there is not enough conversions I add Google Analytics metrics such as page/session or average session duration. 

Also, you can check auction insight report to see if there are any new competitors which might take away your conversions. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency