5.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Time scheduling

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If we are targeting different locations, then how can we maintain time scheduling?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Time scheduling

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there,

Time zones are set at account level, so if your 2 different locations are in different timezones you would have to create 2 different campaigns with individual ad scehdules.

For example if you wanted your ads to be 9-5, and you set the time zone to UK, then for that campaign you would set it to be 9-5. But if the second campaign was for France, where you also wanted it to be 9-5 in FRENCH time, you would have to set it to 8-4 UK time, as France are one hour ahead.

To set an ad schedule just go to campaigns settings > ad schedule and follow the prompts from there.

Does that help?

Cheers
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just to add to Jack's reply - bear in mind that the time is set at your end of things - not at the visitor end.

It is easy (and wrong) to assume that if I set my ads to appear between 9am to 5pm that a visitor will see ads between 9am and 5pm their time - this is not the case... if your campaign is set for 9am London and targets NYC - then your ads will be seen at 4am in NYC.

As Jack rightly points out - to target different time zones you need to set up separate campaigns. simplest way to do this is to use AdWords Editor - or the recently introduced copy/paste function right in the AdWords interface - remembering to adjust your daily budget to split the spend between the two.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there,

Time zones are set at account level, so if your 2 different locations are in different timezones you would have to create 2 different campaigns with individual ad scehdules.

For example if you wanted your ads to be 9-5, and you set the time zone to UK, then for that campaign you would set it to be 9-5. But if the second campaign was for France, where you also wanted it to be 9-5 in FRENCH time, you would have to set it to 8-4 UK time, as France are one hour ahead.

To set an ad schedule just go to campaigns settings > ad schedule and follow the prompts from there.

Does that help?

Cheers
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just to add to Jack's reply - bear in mind that the time is set at your end of things - not at the visitor end.

It is easy (and wrong) to assume that if I set my ads to appear between 9am to 5pm that a visitor will see ads between 9am and 5pm their time - this is not the case... if your campaign is set for 9am London and targets NYC - then your ads will be seen at 4am in NYC.

As Jack rightly points out - to target different time zones you need to set up separate campaigns. simplest way to do this is to use AdWords Editor - or the recently introduced copy/paste function right in the AdWords interface - remembering to adjust your daily budget to split the spend between the two.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Guys,

I really appreciate your feedback. So it means that targeting different time zones through single campaign is very difficult.

Regards,
Kapil M

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
That's right Kapil, and you're welcome.

Best to keep different locations in different campaigns.

Cheers
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+