Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tiered Bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am using a script and this increases the bid of all keywords by 1 cents every week. What can be the positive and negative consequences of this change?
Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user

Tiered Bidding

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I wouldn't use it personally... but I am me and you are you and we are two different people. Smiley Happy

The thing is that I am not clear why it is needed to raise a bid a one cent every week. If I am holding top position, or the position I want, I do not need to raise the bid. And if all my campaigns equal 100's of keywords, I am spending money I do not have to for the same performance. I only need to bid the current bid by once cent at the time of the live auction and then I am set... until someone places a higher bid and then I have to raise my bid to beat them... which could be one cent or one dollar or ten dollars. 

That's all I got. 

Kind Regards,

James

Tiered Bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We do not aim for the first position in small and medium-sized accounts. The important thing is that the ad can be ended with enough conversions. If we consider keyword's success on a graph, making improvements with the bids may have positive or negative effects. 
Approaching the threshold of success. That's why I raise my bids. However, I can not see the positive and negative effects of doing this exactly. Your views on this matter will be important to me.

Thank you