AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tiered Bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am using a script and this increases the bid of all keywords by 1 cents every week. What can be the positive and negative consequences of this change?
Thank you
1 Expert replyverified_user

Tiered Bidding

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I wouldn't use it personally... but I am me and you are you and we are two different people. Smiley Happy

The thing is that I am not clear why it is needed to raise a bid a one cent every week. If I am holding top position, or the position I want, I do not need to raise the bid. And if all my campaigns equal 100's of keywords, I am spending money I do not have to for the same performance. I only need to bid the current bid by once cent at the time of the live auction and then I am set... until someone places a higher bid and then I have to raise my bid to beat them... which could be one cent or one dollar or ten dollars. 

That's all I got. 

Kind Regards,

James

Tiered Bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We do not aim for the first position in small and medium-sized accounts. The important thing is that the ad can be ended with enough conversions. If we consider keyword's success on a graph, making improvements with the bids may have positive or negative effects. 
Approaching the threshold of success. That's why I raise my bids. However, I can not see the positive and negative effects of doing this exactly. Your views on this matter will be important to me.

Thank you