AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

This keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today during keyword diagnosis i found some of my keywords are triggering others ads with a similar keywords. I am using keywords with all match types per ad group and almost all match types are conflicting.

After keywords diagnosis along with keyword a bubble is showing an error " Low Bid or Quality Score" but when i place the cursor on the bubble than it shows an error " This keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword" but quality score is 7 which is not bad. So, which error should i consider to optimize my keywords and how? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: This keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Manish D,

Welcome,

When multiple ad groups have keywords that match a search term, the AdWords system must make a more complex decision. This is because different ad groups might have different ads, landing pages, and campaign settings. All of these differences can result in different experiences for customers, and can result in different Quality Scores for similar keywords in different ad groups.

In this situation, the AdWords system uses a set of preferences to determine which of your keywords to use.kindly Follow the link given below for more clarification:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Manish D,

Welcome,

When multiple ad groups have keywords that match a search term, the AdWords system must make a more complex decision. This is because different ad groups might have different ads, landing pages, and campaign settings. All of these differences can result in different experiences for customers, and can result in different Quality Scores for similar keywords in different ad groups.

In this situation, the AdWords system uses a set of preferences to determine which of your keywords to use.kindly Follow the link given below for more clarification:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Manish D,

Keep in mind the bubble tool always is based on the exact term. This means when you're looking at broad match for widget, the exact match for [widget] will normally get the impression. It does not mean that the exact match term always gets the impression.

Run a search terms report on your broad match keywords to see what kind of queries trigger those keyword.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords