AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

The suggestions adwords makes, almost always cause me problems.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I ever follow the advice of the adwords system it causes me problems.  Any changes I have made because of the suggestions have caused the quality scores of my most profitable keywords to drop.  Then they stop showing.

That normally costs me more than $1000 before I figure it out.

I think adwords is better designed for people in the website business where the entire point is to get people to the website.

The quality scoring and automated suggestion system do not work well at all for my business.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The suggestions adwords makes, almost always cause me problems.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning - 

Did you have a question you wanted to ask?

In reference to your post--the automated suggestions are attempts by the software to be helpful. It's up to you to decide if the suggestions are actually valid for your business or not. If you're not finding that they are, then just ignore them!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: The suggestions adwords makes, almost always cause me problems.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi there, it's best not to take the advice being solicited to you by Google Employees. They do not know your business, what your customer demographics are, what keywords are producing sales / generating leads, ect... Their main goal is to try and point you somewhat in the right direction but that is not always the case.

For instance, we received one of these solicited emails telling us we should add in "reviews" as a negative keyword. Unkowningly, "reviews" contributes over 60 sales a year with a positive return on investment. Odd don't you think?