AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

The problem with SEO is no one knows what it is!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ask 50,000 "SEO Professionals" what are SEO practices and you'll get 50,000 vague answers. There you have it ladies and gentlemen, SEO is a scam for making money and nothing else!

Re: The problem with SEO is no one knows what it is!

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

It is called Search Engine Optimisation not Search Engine Perfectibility because you can only improve a few things about your website,you cannot make it stay forever on position 1 out of 2 million pages for every keyword, therefore it is frustrating to see fluctuating non-perfect rankings, I agree with that.

I am an avid reader of the webmaster tools forum, and as you I am interested in understanding better this concept. So far I can tell you that the best SEO optimisation you can make is to generate unique quality Content. Also a  good explanatory video can be found on Matt Cut's channel  :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZStQhWx8YPc&feature=em-uploademail

If you truly want to improve your website ranking in the google search engine, I advise to post here , because it is a  forum that deals with SEO optimisation , and there are a lot of experienced users who can give you some tips :

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/webmasters/seo/webmasters/rg5hiEQASpY/RrkTUEG3xLEJ

Re: The problem with SEO is no one knows what it is!

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Bach

I do not think you get 50000 vague answers. But SEO professionals have often to explain a lot about their profession. Because a lot off people do not have a clue what ranking on the internet is about. 

SEO´s can approach it from a different perspective. To fit it to clients need.

To become a good SEO you have a lot to study and have (technical) knowledge, and you have to know how to measure and read statistics,  And experience is important to become a good SEO. You than better recognize which works better in specific situations.

There are sometimes differences in opinion about things that work best. But these opinions are not about the basic things that work. And because the algorithm of search engines change all the time, SEO changes all the time. But that is the same in most professions, that things change.

And as you have in every profession, some SEO professionals are better in doing their jobs, and others do less well.
And as you have in every profession, some only try to get fast money from other people.

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.