AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

The final url has to be in the same language as the ad copy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to know if the language of the final url of an ad makes any difference in terms of ad relevancy, Quality Score or any other performance indicators. 

Let's say that I create a search campaign for the Japanese market and both ads and keywords are in Japanese. Does the final url have to be also in Japanese? Does this have any impact?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Berta M
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Berta M

apologies.

I did not clarify that very well.  They both need to use the same domain. If your display uses abc.com, your final should use it also. The final can't be xyz.com.   Anything after the TLD can be different to make it friendlier as you correctly stated.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

The main rule that applies to the final URL is that it must match your display url. 

Any language that is in your final URL should not have any impact on relevancy, QS, etc.  Some website urls contain strings that are not related to a language at all.  Other websites are mutli-lingual but use an English url architecture because that's how their CMS works.

If your ads are in Japanese, and the content of your website is Japanese, you are okay.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot!

I'm a little bit confused about what you say regarding display and final url. Aren't display urls an opportunity to show a friendlier url? I didn't think they had to match.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Berta M
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Berta M

apologies.

I did not clarify that very well.  They both need to use the same domain. If your display uses abc.com, your final should use it also. The final can't be xyz.com.   Anything after the TLD can be different to make it friendlier as you correctly stated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for your answer. Everything is clear now!