Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

The cost of the click increased

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I was using 60 SAR as daily budget and I was having around 400 click and more than 8000 views

Then I stopped the campaign for about a month and a half and now the cost per click is about 1.5 SAR.

Any suggestion why it has increased?

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Abdullah A,

Which bid strategy are you using? If it is manual CPC, what value is the Max CPC set to?

Otherwise, in an extremely general sense, what you are saying indicates that there has likely been some definite and major change in the advertising landscape.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to what Lakatos said above, it might happen that due to increased competition, your average cost per click has increased compared to what you were investing in the past. Can you look at your competition and see if you are lagging behind in some way? Also start optimizing the account on regular basis and that might help gradually in bringing down the cost per click.

Also, what is the current Quality Score? Did you see any dip in this metric compared to the score in the past?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not sure abut the bis strategy. but I did not so anythings with setting when activate the campaign. is there any things I can do to set the strategy to the default setting?

thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is there anyway I can set the setting to the last time, like setting backup ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

If you made any changes that led to increased CPC, you can look at the change history in your account and undo the changes that you want.

Pankaj