Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

The best way by which one could improve pages/visit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I manage adwords account for an entertainment website.The main aim of the adowrds campaign is to impove the pages per visit for site visitors,what coudl be the best steps to be taken in adwords to make this happen.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The best way by which one could improve pages/visit

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pravs

May be my suggestion will not be the exact solution but i suggest that you always leave a important or major piece of information for the user on the next page which don't led the user to quit your website without visiting that next page.
And at the next page add something which don't breaks the user's interest to read more.

My views!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Pravs_P,

While splitting up content could be a solution, I would suggest that you always create and allow for the best user experience possible. If your goal of pageviews has something to do with serving ads on the site, I don't have any further suggestions.

That being said, the best way to ensure more pageviews on your site is to eliminate bounces and short visits. Create awesome and engaging content and also do your best to ensure that only relevant and interested users visit. Tighten the strings on your campaigns so you're only targeting users who would actually be interested in the site and organically, you should see better results.

My Couple Cents

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pravs,
Good! You've defined your campaign goal is to increase traffic in your site , so in your campaign you should focus on these metrics clicks, clickthrough rate, keyword performance, search terms.
Go through the next article to know how to measure these metrics what should you do if your goal is to increase traffic:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722035

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Ahmed,

I think that driving traffic (any and all visits) and increasing pages per visit are slightly different.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Pravs,
I agree with Tommy, provide valuable, useful content to  your users and they'll stay on your site and engage with your material; content is king!  When thinking about your users, think about what kind of content they'll find valuable; what kind of content they'll want to read, engage with, and share.  Typical things that users look for on site:

Nice, clear, high resolution images

Content organized (with headings and sub-headings)

Clean layout and design

Fast load times (if your pages load slowly people will leave)

If you're looking for more a tactical response, you could always try to do Landing Page testing and see what Landing Pages lead to users staying longer on your site.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
You are right Tommy he should focus on content , sorry for misunderstanding Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I would suggest the following :

1) Import the pages/visit metric from analytics with the following procedure , in order to bid higher for keywords with a high value for this metric :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2617364?hl=en

2) Use the in-page analytics report from Google analytics to see the most clicked content from your landing pages. Add more internal links on your landing pages similar to that content, because it could draw interest from your visitors, that is what they are searching for.

3) Use scrips which present "most popular articles" from your site in a side-box , this draws attention and engages users more. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all for your suggestions ,would surely try to get more insights through Google analytics & workout the ad words campaign accordingly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Past going beyond the basics of having engaging content & user friendliness,what could be the further steps & any data analytics/goal setting that can be done in Analytics which could help one take more steps improve the pages/visit number.

@adrian:I have been using the analytics metrics with adwords & have benefited from the pages/visit data, since past few months.