Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Is it advisable to run text ads on Display Network

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Text Ads on Display Network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeewan

As per my views, always because text ads are the most served ad types i think. I get most of the impressions on the text ads so it means most of the websites serve text ads.

My views!

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
No, it is not the case, I got much impression for banner ads as compared to Text ads. And CTR of banner ads is also better. We are getting good no of enquiry forms, but not getting customers

So should we stop text ads

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Jeewan,

Yes, It is highly advisable to run text ads on Display network.

I suggest you to go through the following link

https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/products/text-ads.html

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
In my case, I am getting more impressions on Text Ads as well as customers. Banners are also performing good but not as good as text ads. You can do one thing, go to the Ads tab and click the download button, add keyword/placement as segment and see which websites are getting impressions for text ads. Check those website and take necessary action.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jeewan,

There is not distinctive rule that an advertiser should or shouldn't be using the text ads for Google Display Network.

However, it really depends upon account to account and business to business, how these text ads can be utilized to the best of the knowledge. It also depends upon how you have structured your account.

As per my experience, although banner ads are more attractive and users are more engaged with these type of ads, on other hand, text ads are small, occupy less space and are generally economical compared to Banner ads. So both type of ads have their own features and if advertisers utilize them effectively,it improves ROI.

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Dear We have different ad group for Text ads

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Jeewan,

Having your test ads in a separate ad group is a good idea. You can bid much lower on text ads and it's a good fallback if you are advertising on sites that do not accept image ads.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jeewan,

As others have mentioned, I like to use text ads on the display network because we typically get a lot of volume, even if CTR isn't always great. Their performance really depends on an account to account basis, though, like Pankaj mentioned. If they aren't working for you, then it make sense to stop using them. However, if you aren't already, I would suggest trying to better understand which placements are providing bad leads. If you have a back-end lead tracking system, you can use that to connect the dots. Then you could make specific exclusions, as opposed to pausing all text ads, and you might see better performance.

Good luck!

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi Jeewan,

You have some great advice here.

I would definitely try running the text & display banner ads in different adgroups or campaigns altogether. It could be the case that since your text and banner ads are in the same campaign, the banner ad adgroups are eating into majority of the campaign budget leaving very little budget for the text ads to run on.

AdWords has always considered Text ads to have the maximum reach and potential as compared to other ad formats which is why I would recommend you always run text ads in your account with a good chunk of your budget.

Do try separating the ad formats into different campaigns with dedicated budgets, it should help you identify the true potential of the text ads in your account.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"