Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Testing Landing pages

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I need to test the performance of 2 different landing pages on the same ad group.

what is the best way to do it? I thought I could use the Experiments

but then realized that these are only for ads, keywords etc.. CORRECT?

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2375383&from=167742&rd=1

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Testing Landing pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are a few ways to do this.  You could create two ads that are the same but have different landing pages.  

You can use Website Optimizer to do some A/B and Multivariant Testing.

And then you can also use Experiments by testing two ads but have differernt landing pages.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to have 2 identical ads in the same ad group?

Also, for the Optimizer, do I need to implement another pixel?

thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Floriana,

If your requirements were more complex I'd advise you to use the Website Optimizer for your purposes. "Website Optimizer is a tool that can help you improve the effectiveness of your website and your return on your investment by testing if changes to your website's content are more effective in getting conversions"

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55894&topic=16378&ctx=topic

(a) In your specific case I'd probably set up 2 ad groups linking to the 2 Landing Pages and set the Ad Scheduling feature so that the first one shows in odd hours while the second one in even hours. After a few days I'd likely have enough data to make a decision.

(b) Alternatively I could create 2 competing ad copies within 1 ad group and set the Ad Rotation feature to "Show ads more evenly".

(c) Options (a) and (b) serve the same purpose just that I'd prefer (a) because I personally have some doubts about the Ad Rotation feature, in this respect.

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

Yes, you are allowed to use two identical ads in same adgroup with different Landing Page of the same domain.

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

.... that applies in case the 2 stems are identical, i.e. the Top-Level Domain names in the URLs of the Landing Pages are the same. However, 2 LPs of the same website will evidently qualify ... Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

You should try Google Website Optimizer. It's the most suitable with your need.

I uses it with my company website now, and found that it's really useful.

The way it works is simple and awesome. Try and let me know if you have any question.

or see this link for the starter guide: http://support.google.com/websiteoptimizer/bin/static.py?hl=en&guide=29619&topic=29624&page=guide.cs

Enjoy!

kwc
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
kwc
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi floriana, 

Google website optimizer helps with A/B testing, but if you want to go more in depth to see details about different segments of traffic (i.e. specific search terms, referral sites, geolocation etc) that respond differently to your A/B test of landing pages, you can run really cool segmented tests with Keyword Catcher. It also shows the effect on multiple variables, not just one. So you can see change in bounce rate, conversion rate, average order value, even the exact revenue change to the penny if you want. I like its depth of analysis when I A/B test.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My ques is slightly diffrent,

Is it fine, if I use  Same Landing Page for Two Ad Groups?

Reason behind asking this ques is I have only one LP and I want to use it for Diff ad groups, Is it possible?

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

yes, it is perfectly fine to use the same LP for different adgroups.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'