Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting specific audience

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

In one of my campaign I want to target Youtube audience with specific Interests. So I have created

Adgroup with that Interests and placement as Youtube. But after going to placement report, I can see different
other websites as well in the list. How can I run Ads only on Youtube only ?

Thanks
Puneet

Re: Targeting specific audience

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

What is your setting for Placements, is it "Target and bid" or just Bid ?

Interests combined with a Placement like youtube should receive visits only from that placement if the setting is "target and bid". But if you have enabled Bid for placements, than other targeting methods will be used , in this case interests and for your placement you will only be able to set a bid higher or lower.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Also use the Venn Diagram from the right hands side, when selecting the placement , it should look like this :

venn-diagram-interests-placements.png

But when you change targeting for the Placement youtube to "Bid" , the Potential Reach will increase because the targeting will be based mainly on interests.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

And lastly, if this question is about targeting in a Video Campaign, you could have the following situation, even if you have added youtube as a placement, the Placement targeting report shows zero so please reply with what type of campaign you have :

video-campaign-youtube-placement.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
@Adrian B
I am having a Display campaign and the targeting method is also"Target and Bid" .

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

1) Probable cause reporting at the campaign level : you have clicked on a Display network campaign where you have many ad groups and when you look at the placements tab you also see the column "Ad Groups". This means that you are seeing placements from other ad groups not only from the ad groups with "Interests" + youtube.com

2) Probable cause added targeting methods in a daily sequece, not both of them at once.

Interests + placements work as an intersection with the AND rule so impressions from other placements are not possible in the same ad group if placements use "target and bid".

Maybe when you created the ad group you have used first only interests as targeting and a few hours or days later you have added youtube as a managed placement. This could cause in the report a display of placements which were triggered when only interests was used as targeting.

Were targeting methods added in a sequence of days or all at once interests+youtube ?