AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting several countries in one campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm running an account for a product that targets pretty much all countries (excluding third world).

The site is in English and my ads are in English. 

At the moment I'm targeting all the relevant countries, and added English KWs only. My thought was that with enhanced campaigns, I will be able to understand overtime how each country is performing and adjust the bids accordingly for each one. 

My main concern though, is that I'm limiting my optimization options. I can't know which ads are really working because the data includes the UK together with Greece, which obviously doesn't behave or cost the same. 

Any thoughts of a better structure for this type of account?

Thanks Man Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCer
September 2015

Re: Targeting several countries in one campaign

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello PPCer ,

"Any thoughts of a better structure for this type of account?"

Yes, a Campaign for every country , for reporting and budgeting is the best option. For example in a country you could have a lot of conversions and the campaign might make use of the conversion optimiser or the enhanced cpc setting. Also the CPC is not the same for every country, if you see "Averages" all over the place from all the countries, it doesn't help you much to decide which keyword works best in which country.

Splitting them in ad groups doesn't give you the opportunity to activate / deactivate the auto-optimisers at will nor does it give you the chance to follow some parameters that are only available at the campaign level like the Dimensions tab.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPCer
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello PPCer ,

"Any thoughts of a better structure for this type of account?"

Yes, a Campaign for every country , for reporting and budgeting is the best option. For example in a country you could have a lot of conversions and the campaign might make use of the conversion optimiser or the enhanced cpc setting. Also the CPC is not the same for every country, if you see "Averages" all over the place from all the countries, it doesn't help you much to decide which keyword works best in which country.

Splitting them in ad groups doesn't give you the opportunity to activate / deactivate the auto-optimisers at will nor does it give you the chance to follow some parameters that are only available at the campaign level like the Dimensions tab.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

I agree that that would be the best solution, and it's what I do with all my other accounts (for different clients). However in this case it's not practical because I have about 80 locations, and for each one I would need 10 campaigns because I have to limit the spend of different sub-products.

Thanks again

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You can make bulk edits like copy-pasting a campaign to replicate it for a different location. Also you can change almost anything by uploading changes from a CSV.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There is even an article in the help pages about what tools to use for bulk edits .

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704401?hl=en

The novelty there are Adwords scripts, if you are willing to outsource them to a javascript programmer :

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/examples/complete-scripts

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
The solution Adrian proposes is the right one in my opinion. and you will find the work easy to do if you use the Adwords Editor with its copy/paste functions.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I have to agree with Adrian and Steve here PPCer, a Campaign for each country is the right solution.  If that means you have to create 800 Campaigns then you have to create 800 Campaigns.  You'll find few professional AdWords consultants giving you much sympathy for having to work with what is still a relatively small Account.

As has also been said, there are plenty of tools and procedures for making the management of such Accounts much easier, the most obvious of which is the AdWords Editor.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks guys.
I didn't mind setting up 800 campaigns, it's just that since the budget is low, I would hardly have any data to work with for each country (that's why the account was set up this way in the first place).
So I decided to get the company to focus on a few main countries for the beginning, with separate campaigns for each one, and expand to more as we move along.
Thanks for your advice Smiley Happy