Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting optimization – Effect on statistics attribution

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon,

I would like to better understand the effect of using the Targeting optimization feature in Display campaigns.

I read the following: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/190596?hl=en

It says that it works in addition to the targeting you've already set up for your Display Network campaign.

If I sat up 3 placements, 10 keywords and 2 topics on my campaign and turned on the 'Targeting optimization indicator.

Question 1: What the optimizer might do?

Question 2: How the optimizer  impact the way the stats are attributed among my criteria?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chantal F
September 2015

Re: Targeting optimization – Effect on statistics attribution

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

My personal opinion: targeting  a full featured display campaign is quite complex, and I rather set the targeting methods myself, run periodic reports to analyze the data, (followed by optimization) -  rather than let a system do the calculation / optimization.

So, if you are familiar with the display network, my recommendationset the targeting methods yourself.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chantal F
September 2015

Re: Targeting optimization – Effect on statistics attribution

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

My personal opinion: targeting  a full featured display campaign is quite complex, and I rather set the targeting methods myself, run periodic reports to analyze the data, (followed by optimization) -  rather than let a system do the calculation / optimization.

So, if you are familiar with the display network, my recommendationset the targeting methods yourself.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’