AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting multiple countries. Create one campaign per country?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need some help to best setup my campaigns for targeting multiple countries.

- We are targeting 20 countries

- We have 10 products to advertize. One or more ad groups per product is needed.

- Our marketing message does not change depending on which country we are targeting. So the ads can be the same. To test, I created ads that mentioned the visitors location in the text but the CTR was actually worse than the generic ads.

- Our keywords, ads, landing pages are all in English only.

- Not all countries are of equal importance to us. Some we want to invest more.

- Should I create one campaign for each country I’m targeting (20)? Each campaign would have 10 ad groups.

- Or I could create one campaign for each of the top 5 countries + one campaign “other countries”.

- Or should I create one campaign and target all 20 countries from one campaign? So I only have 10 ad groups to manage.

If I have too many campaigns, I’m afraid I won’t have time to properly optimize each campaign and ad group. Since the only difference between each campaign is the target location and the budget, is there a way to optimize one set of ad groups under one campaign and copy those tweaks to the other campaigns? So I don’t have to do the same job multiple times?

How powerful are the bid adjustments related to geographic location on the campaign level? There’s not much flexibility? For example, if I want to suddenly put a larger share of my marketing dollars to target one specific country, it’s hard to accomplish with only one campaign? It would be awesome to be able to give a budget on an ad group level!

From my research, most people say to create one campaign for each country you are targeting. But it feels like a waste of time to copy ad groups modifications  (keyword + ads modifications) 10 times, across all campaigns.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arnaud J
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Arnaud J

Well... Though the targeted language is English, not all locations have the same culture and speak the same English...

The ideal campaign(s)   structure(s) would be to set a different landing page for each country, with text and language altered based on  the local English (UU, UK, AU,...) and  showing a local number to contact.

But, as you mentioned this is hard to manage / optimize and require intensive labor and time.

If same product and service are offered globally and  no tailoring / customization of the landing page is needed   due to product versions - then use one campaign and work with location bid adjustments. - This works  well.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MosheTLV,

Thanks for the response!

We target 20 countries which all go to the same landing page in English only. Eventually we might create separate landing pages but we are in a niche market so we rarely spend our daily budget.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

In such a case we should have city and country name also along with the keyword? meaning we are targeting our product in 10 different counties with 10 diff campaign and our keyword is product name city - country? English Learning Training School Goa India? or it should be English Learning School and Targeted Country is Spain?

How this will work? what should be the settings or strategy? Considering I would like to set up campaign for Spain, France & Germany and my School is in Goa, India?