Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting different countries with google translate on website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We ship EU wide our products(most orders come from social media) so I was thinking to set up ads in other countries.

I managed to figure out how to start a new campaign for every country and write the ads in appropriate language and appropriate country and language set up for each country. 

Then I would add Google Translate to the website and in theory you have a fully functioning website and ads in any language/country.

Any experience with this?

How good is Google translate?

Expected conversion rate compering to native English ads/site?

Thanks a lot!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting different countries with google translate on website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lajos,

I haven't had much experience but I can definitely say that Google Translate might suggest meanings which are use in a different context in that particular language or how people are currently communicating in that language.

I'd suggest hiring translators to write ad copies for you as that small investment would pay off. You can always search online for companies or hire people on oDesk who work as professional translators.

I hope it helps

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Lajos,

I agree with Salman, just in case you had any doubts. If you use Google translate, it will look and read like a machine did the translation. That's not good.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the replies, yes I agree it would look bad at first but you can improve the translation of your site in Google translate apparently. So it would be much cheaper than build the whole site from the ground in other languages?! Just hire a native speaker for a day or two and improve the most important content and then if pays off we could improve the whole site?!
In theory it could work
What do you think?