Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting all Universities in California State

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

I want to target all universities in California in my search only campaign. The first time I tried to put all universities' name into "Bulk locations" but few of them can be recognized. 

Now, I used "Location Groups". Place of interest within California, and universities. Even though there is no reach number shown after I added it, I wonder if this can target all universities in California?

By the way, do you have the same experience or better ideas? Thanks for sharing!

Re: Targeting all Universities in California State

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @Duo Y,

If you have not yet read, "Target ads to geographic locations" I would recommend it as the page is super informative. Under the "Location Groups" section it says to do exactly what you've done to target all universities within a specific area! I would recommend waiting a few days to see what kind of traffic comes in. You can also go to Dimensions> View: User Locations to see where clicks are coming from and see if you need to exclude any locations

I believe what you did was the fastest, least complicated way of targeting all the universities in California. If you wanted something more complex you could radius target around universities.

I hope this helps!

Targeting all Universities in California State

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jillian,

Sorry for my late reply. But your recommendation is really helpful. We ran geographic report and find more detailed information about universities in CA after targeting all CA universities. We kept adding new universities into our location target.

Thanks,

Duo