Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting ads in different campaigns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

First of all, I want to appreciate this community and people which are so active to reply. I learnt a lot from this community regarding ad-words. 

My question is,  can a keyword from campaign A target an ad of campaign B. Will it affect on Ad relevancy?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting ads in different campaigns

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
It is not possible. Any keyword from an adgroup will trigger the ads from the same adgroup only.
In case if any keyword is duplicate from 2 different campaigns will compete to each other during ad auction and the keyword with better QS and Bid combination will trigger the ad from the corresponding adgroup.
So as per your query it seems to be a case of duplicate keyword in those campaigns.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Targeting ads in different campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
A couple of points to add to @Archit M response... firstly when he says the keywords will compete with each other - do not worry - this does not mean that they will push up your bids - please take a quick look at this article:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Are-Your-Keywords-Knights-or-Squires/ba-p/4649...

Also - it is worth pointing out that, ideally, you would want your keywords to trigger a specific ad - or at least an ad from a specific campaign - and not simply let Google decide which campaign to serve. As a frist move, it makes sense to have the keyword in one campaign only. Then, to make doubly sure, you can add the keyword as a negative in the campaigns for which you do not want the keyword to trigger ads.