AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting a City for Nationwide Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone, 

I operate a small business and we recently started using AdWords. I have a small issue and I hope someone in the community could provide some information. 

Our company provides a service in the city we are located in, but we often get requests from clients from all over the United States. How should I structure the ad to show around the country but only for services in my specific city? Should I do an exact match with all of our keywords plus the name of the city and state? Or is there a more efficient way to do it? 

Thanks in Advance, 

Ricardo A.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ricardo A,

Use geo-targeting. Target your city. In campaign settings, include both people within your target area and people showing a interest in your area. Do not use location specific terms in your keywords, Google will figure that part out for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ricardo A,

Use geo-targeting. Target your city. In campaign settings, include both people within your target area and people showing a interest in your area. Do not use location specific terms in your keywords, Google will figure that part out for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords