2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting .Zip Codes vs City & Cities vs State. Which is better

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For better targeting; are zip codes better than city and are Cites better than State?

The reason behind this question is My Rehabilitation center client wants to target just sections where there are hispanics and then Hispanics with money.

When do I use Zip codes, and when do i use City

Thank you

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author alex p
September 2015

Re: Targeting .Zip Codes vs City & Cities vs State. Which is bette

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question. 

In my personal opinion, I don't think that one is necessarily better than the other. It just depends on how you want to manage and how granular you want your ad groups to be. It also depends on how much time you have to not only set up the zip codes but time to manage all of the zip codes, make adjustments, etc. 

I would say use zip codes if you have the specific data for your target demographic. If you know where your target demographic truly is then use zip. If they could be spread out a little and you want to cover more ground then use city.   

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author alex p
September 2015

Re: Targeting .Zip Codes vs City & Cities vs State. Which is bette

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your question. 

In my personal opinion, I don't think that one is necessarily better than the other. It just depends on how you want to manage and how granular you want your ad groups to be. It also depends on how much time you have to not only set up the zip codes but time to manage all of the zip codes, make adjustments, etc. 

I would say use zip codes if you have the specific data for your target demographic. If you know where your target demographic truly is then use zip. If they could be spread out a little and you want to cover more ground then use city.   

Hope that helps.