AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Multiple Locations with PLAs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to have 2 separate PLA campaigns that target separate locations with the same products?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Multiple Locations with PLAs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello.

Yes, it is possible, but why would you? Do you need different budgets or schedules? Because with enhanced campaigns you can use bid multipliers for locations, if you want to bid differently.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I separated the campaigns to control budget based off of performance. I just separated the campaigns, but the new campaign is not receiving impressions and I can't figure out why. I compared the 2 campaigns and everything seems to be the same. Any ideas on why this may be?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No clue, at the moment. Did you just separate them? Is the new campaign a perfect clone of the original one, and the only thing that differs in settings is the location? Is there no overlap between the locations, and are they far enough from each other? What type of locations are you targeting?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, I just copy and pasted the campaign in editor and changed the locations. They are exact replicas besides the location.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
And you did validate the location, you didn't just changed the name and that's it, right? Do you see different locations in the AdWords web UI? It happened to me a few times, I changed let's say Norway to France and forgot to click the button so the system picks the location ID and targets it.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
What are you targeting? Different cities? Countries?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
One campaign is targeting cities, and the other campaign is targeting the United State with the other campaign's cities as excluded locations.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Give it a bit of time, and see how it turns out. If you've clearly excluded the locations, there should be no overlap and they should each serve ads where they have to.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, I have given it about a week. Very strange. Well, thanks for your help, I appreciate it!