Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Manufacturers on Google

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

One of our client who is manufacturer and supplier of automobile parts, wants to promote his business in top countries like US, UK, Canada & France etc. The problem what I am facing in the account is if I keep keywords related to manufacturer and suppliers, they are going in Low Search Volume and while targeting generic keywords I am getting clicks from searches or visitors for one or two pieces.

Please suggest what should be the strategy for promoting such business through Adwords.

Regards

Puneet

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Manufacturers on Google

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Puneet,

I don't know that market in particular, but if a company is looking to target big car manufacturers, I can't see PPC - on Google Search -  being much of a help.

Manufacturers don't need - or see the benefits - of searching for parts suppliers online. They normally have already a huge network of possible suppliers to choose from and this is something that grows organically for them, as suppliers come knocking at their door.

My only suggestions would be, if you are looking for volume buyers is to add terms such as "bulk", "bulk buy", "large quantity(ies)", "wholesaler(s)", etc., to your generic keywords. Otherwise, like you mentioned, I can't see you getting enough search volume for the more targeted keywords.

My other suggestion is to use GDN for brand awareness.

Diogo

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Puneetdceengg,
If I am not mistaken your clients want to increase his brand awreness.To increase brand awreness you should try CPM model in Adwords. To know more info on CPM model visit below link

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6310?hl=en

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Puneet,
I only wants to add here you need to be very clear with the adcopy. Your adcopy content should reflect that you are a wholesaler and not a retailer.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I disagree with @Diogo C on this;

Coming from an engineering and  manufacturing background, my opinion is that  manufacturers  (do) search online for suppliers, especially  when they want to switch.

I do agree,  though, with @Neha Gupta  that the ad-copies should be tightly themed to reflect the business, and you should carefully select your  keywords

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes people do search Puneet as @MosheTLV  mentioned. I captured some screenshots.Take a look:

community1.png

community2.png

community3.png

community4.png

Not only that people are searching Infact you will be having competitors too.

Hope that helps!

- Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

MosheTLV - It's a question of size. By mentioning manufacturers don't search online I was referring to the big ones. The big firms will have a huge list of suppliers after deciding to go and search online and even if they do it, it's propably a one-off emergency buy. They can't even afford to do so, to keep quality standards.

NehaGupta - Of course people search online for "wholesale auto parts", but you used the right term, "people" and not big corporations. Of course, there will be thousands of small garages, automotive restyling centers, etc looking for suppliers. 

But after all, what I understood from the initial question was that, this campaign would like to target the "big guys" and my answer came in that sense. If I got this right, the question here was to get a small number of big clients and sell them big, not to have loads of small clients. Maybe I missunderstood the question.

Thanks,

Diogo