2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Mac users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to target Mac users only to promote our Mac Games on the Mac App Store. 

It seems this isn't possible with Google Adwords. 

Any hints how I can achieve this?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Mac users

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for posting your question. You can target specific operating systems, device models, as well as carriers and wireless networks with your “Display Network only” campaigns. Advanced mobile and tablet options aren’t available for other campaign types.

For ads that show on smartphones with full Internet browsers:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab.
  3. Select one of your “Display Network only” campaigns.
  4. Click the Settings tab.
  5. Expand the "Advanced mobile and tablet options" plus box located near “Devices,” which is under “Desktops and laptops, mobile devices, and tablets.”

“Advanced mobile and tablet options” should expand and you’ll be able to choose operating systems, device models, as well as carriers and Wi-Fi.
    • Operating systems: Choose to show your ads to people on all operating systems or target specific ones. Example: Android or iOS.

Here is more information about advanced mobile and tablet options

Hope that helps. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for the details, but I want to target Mac OSX Users - not mobile or tablet users. Google doesn't have an option to target Mac users it seems. I wonder why?

Andreas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Shanea,

could you please advise if it is or it is not possible to target Mac OS users only via Ad words display network?

If the option is not available (is it available in search network?) could there be a work around? e.g. configuring the campaign this way that it will deliver more n Mac computers?

Thanks!

Targeting Mac users

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to know too!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Targeting Mac users

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

"Google doesn't have an option to target Mac users it seems." No. You can only select specific OS for mobile devices and tablets. I don't know if the Mac App Store has adsense/Ad Exchange either... But if you want to try and advertise using AdWords, then:

You could select computers only, and then try to get really creative with your adgroup targeting methods. You could try to use a combination of topic, KW, affinity audience targeting, while making sure to mention in your ad content that this is only for Mac OS users. There is a Mac OS topic you could start with - Topics > Computers @ Electronics > Software > Operating Systems. Then combine that an affinity audience of gamers, and select which type of game(s) you want to advertise.

You will still have to figure out how to convert a click into a purchase, as well as track the source through iTunes. This isn't going to be an easy proposition, but there are things you could try.

Tom

Targeting Mac users

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’