AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting 14 Countries in 2 Campaigns -- Bad Idea?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone, 

I'm somewhat new to AdWords, and I've taken over an account. It's currently running 2 campaigns, each targeting 14 countries. 

I have two questions:

• Is this a bad idea? Should I create a separate campaign for each country? Or maybe 3-4 country groups?
  • Is it a bad idea to target that many countries at first? Should we start smaller?

Any suggestions welcome. 

Thanks a lot, 
Pontus

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pontus,

What if you had a keyword that was converting well in 7 countries, and not at all in the other 7? What would you do?

Use AdWords Editor, make 14 copies, give each campaign their own country. Takes 5 minutes. 

That way stats are easier to see, and you make adjustments to bids and keywords and  ad copy and time schedules to suit each country.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I constantly argue that language  and culture do matter: My view: each country (especially the big markets in which you operate)  should have a dedicated landing page with a local number, and a (webpage)  content  written by writers who are fluent in the local language, dialects and culture.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’