AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting 14 Countries in 2 Campaigns -- Bad Idea?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone, 

I'm somewhat new to AdWords, and I've taken over an account. It's currently running 2 campaigns, each targeting 14 countries. 

I have two questions:

• Is this a bad idea? Should I create a separate campaign for each country? Or maybe 3-4 country groups?
  • Is it a bad idea to target that many countries at first? Should we start smaller?

Any suggestions welcome. 

Thanks a lot, 
Pontus

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Pontus,

What if you had a keyword that was converting well in 7 countries, and not at all in the other 7? What would you do?

Use AdWords Editor, make 14 copies, give each campaign their own country. Takes 5 minutes. 

That way stats are easier to see, and you make adjustments to bids and keywords and  ad copy and time schedules to suit each country.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I constantly argue that language  and culture do matter: My view: each country (especially the big markets in which you operate)  should have a dedicated landing page with a local number, and a (webpage)  content  written by writers who are fluent in the local language, dialects and culture.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’