AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Target Wear devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just wondering how to optimize a display-ads-campaign for distribution of an Android Wear app -> Target users of smartwatches.

Any experience and thoughts on this? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Target Wear devices

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Philippe, great question!

I've no direct experience of this, but here's some ideas off the top of my head:

You could target wearable sites, e.g. those dealing in faces, apps, straps, etc.  You could also (with a Display enabled Campaign) target specific apps for wearables.  Depending upon what your app is, you could also consider targeting "full" Android apps of a similar nature on the basis that if they're running something like your app on their phone or tablet, they might well want to run it on their wearable.

Probably quite a narrow market at the moment, but growing, for sure.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Target Wear devices

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
In addition to the ideas Jon suggested, I have a few, as well. Like Jon, I have no direct experience either, just ideas! Smiley Happy

Since the market is fairly small right now and there isn't (that I'm aware of) the option to specifically target that subset of people, I would consider creating personas of your target market and leveraging them using topics/placements/interests that would be relevant along with the appropriate demographic targeting (if available).

Also, off the top of my head, I would think that the "Technology News" topic would do pretty well. You can also choose to select specific Android OS when you set up the campaign. If you know what the OS is for smart watches, you may be able to help narrow down the audience.

Hope this helps!