5.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Target ROI for ecommerce site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, what should I take into account when designing an adwords campaing for a online store with a target ROI? What tactics should I use in order to meet the campaign objectives (target ROI). The campaigne obective is to drive online sales meeting the target ROI.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Target ROI for ecommerce site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Here's what you should be aiming for:-

ROI.png

More details on how you could co-relate your Ecommerce revenue and ROI along with Google AdWords are here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722066

Let us know if this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. However, I am looking for how to approach a campaign with a ROI target. Say, the ROI target it 10 for a online store. I don't have any other information such as budget.

Could someone give me an example of SEM tactics how I would meet the campaign objectives having a target ROI as 10? Should I use CPA target bidding? How do I calculate target CPA:s for all the campaigns & ad groups to achieve a target ROI of 10 ?

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Miss,

I believe your looking for some strategies you can use when doing an Adwords Campaign for e-commerce website.  Otherwise you can refer Pankaj reply.

You can do a campaign based on several reasons. Some reasons are branding, increase sales and understand users and their behaviors. For above given three situation you need to use three different strategies and based on the info you have given, I think your going for a campaign targeting more sales. 

E-commerce conversion rate is bit low when we compare with some other industries. Hence, make sure you use the most suitable terms(keywords) which is effecting to the bottom of the marketing funnel. That way you can expect more sales. 

When using the budget, if you have a fairly large budget, then you can even use the shared budget option. But if you have a limited budget, then set budgets separately for each campaign.  

If you want to go for CPA, then you need to have minimum 15 conversions for last 30 days. Then only you can go for this option. Do you have enough data? how long your ruining your campaign? 

This article may help you ...

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Getting-Started-with-CPA-Cost-Per-Acquisition-...

Good Luck