Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I recently changed the bidding strategy to Target CPA. But I noticed that we are receiving less clicks and conversions are also not stable after implementing this. Avg CPC has come down but I need to increase clicks asap. Please help

Thanks

Subbha

2 Expert replyverified_user

Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We recently changed the bidding strategy from manual CPC to Target CPA. Ever since, there has been no increase in conversions, clicks are decreasing . Please help!

Target CPA

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

If you have done this recently, you have to be more patient. Google needs some time to adjust your bids to new strategy.

Click decresasing could mean that Google have saved your budget to noneffective clicks.

After two, three weeks you will gain less conversions and/or revenue, you should increase your target CPA

Target CPA

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Mount Litera S,

It is artificial intelligence (AI) and the machine learning algorithm typically needs quite a good number of days or sometimes 2-3 weeks (dependent on the amount of data generated per day) till it can bring you its best results. Some patience is advised during the learning curve. So is a healthy degree of caution to keep a regular eye on how CPC values develop. 

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mount Litera S
February 2017

Target CPA

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hello Subbha, the system needs time to get your new CPA strategy running properly. Not to take too much risk you can use campaigns drafts and experiments so you would be experimenting only with part of your traffic: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6318732?hl=en

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Target CPA

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You might want to try and increase your target CPA 20-30% higher than your actual goal.  This will allow google to be more aggressive with your bids and once you regain traffic you can lower your target CPA (but I wouldn't recommend this for at least 2-3 weeks).

Re: Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mount Litera S wrote:

Hi, 

I recently changed the bidding strategy to Target CPA. But I noticed that we are receiving less clicks and conversions are also not stable after implementing this. Avg CPC has come down but I need to increase clicks asap. Please help

Thanks

Subbha