Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been running a campaign with the bidding method set to target CPA. The target CPA was set to $22 per conversion. However over the past 6 months the average cost/conv was over $35. 

This happened to many of the campaigns set to Target CPA - the cost/conv. was way higher than the set bid. 

Does google look at the Target CPA or just uses the budget to control the costs on the campaign and let it run as they see fit? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Target CPA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Target CPA is a machine learning algorithm that adjusts the bid (CPC) to meet the  desired CPA, based on your campaign performances.

My recommendation: For the system to perform well, have  about 100 conversions during the last 30 days. (Triple Google's recommendation)

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2390684?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response - 

Our campaigns are having over 100 conversions per 30 days. Yet the costs went up after we changed the bidding method to Target CPA.

Target CPA

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Devora,

Changing the bidding from Manual CPC to Target CPA  will impact the overall CPC.

Keep it running for some days. It may stable. It is in the learning phase. Post then it will start optimizing the campaigns.

I would recommend you to go through the below article for more information.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Determine-Bid-Strategy-Based-on-Your-Conversion/b...

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Target CPA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The campaign has been running for 6 months already with no changes to the bids. 

Target CPA

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

I loved Max CPA bidding - It worked, and there were many benefits. Then Google decided to get rid of it in favor of target CPA, which never worked as well. Over the past couple of months I have gone away from target CPA for the very reasons you outline here @Devora K. You can keep trying to make it work, but CPA bidding just ain't what it used to be. Smiley Happy

Tom