Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Target CPA and Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I'm running ads using conversion bidding strategy. Which is related to target CPA. I always monitor the use of the budget everyday and maintain the cost in the accepted level. So, sometime I play around the target cpa by increasing or decreasing the target in order to meet the cost at the accepted level. So is it okay to play around with the target cpa? Is it going to harm my ads if I change the target cpa too many or too often? Or is it better to simply change the campaign budget rather than the target cpa?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yodhi K
June 2016

Re: Target CPA and Budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yodhi,

For the algorithm to deliver the best possible results, it is advisable to give it a few days rest so it can accrue the necessary stats calmly. I would not say that frequent changes in the target cpa values do harm your ads, however, the option of editing the daily budget when absolutely unavoidable seems a more appropriate approach. (It facilitates a calmer atmosphere for the algorithm.)

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yodhi K
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yodhi,

For the algorithm to deliver the best possible results, it is advisable to give it a few days rest so it can accrue the necessary stats calmly. I would not say that frequent changes in the target cpa values do harm your ads, however, the option of editing the daily budget when absolutely unavoidable seems a more appropriate approach. (It facilitates a calmer atmosphere for the algorithm.)

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Lakatos,

Hi. Thank you for the answer. It clarifies my question Smiley Happy