Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Target CPA Bidding & Ad Testing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

If I'm using Target CPA as my bid strategy in a campaign and want to start testing new ad creative, how will the automated bidding effect the ad rotation? Will having my ad rotation set to "rotate evenly" allow for each ad to get a similar % served or will the Target CPA bid strategy still overrule and choose ads based on performance?

Thanks,

Sean

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, you do a test new ad with target CPA, but make sure you don't add the ads in bulk at same time.

System will sever the new ads but not in equal percentage with old ads. 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

CPA bidding doesn't have any effect on ad rotation. Rotate evenly has a 90 day threshold, then reverts to optimize for clicks. So, rotate indefinitely may be a better option for longer term ad testing.

Tom

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Please note;  with rotate indefinitely   all ads will NOT necessarily  be served evenly. The system will "push" the lower performing ads to compensate for ads with  lower impression share, but this does not mean that you will get an even distribution of impressions. The best approach is to use AdWords drafts and experiments. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’