2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tablets with Full Browsers Targeting...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After reading some posts on the forum about Tablets with Full Browsers being treated the same as desktops by Google, which should not happen due to the multiple posts & replies on the subject plus campaign optimization, I think there may be a fix here that's pretty much setup already but needs some tweaking. We're given the option to target by specific devices & operating systems for "mobile devices and tablets", so why can't Google add an option to exclude & not only include devices & operating systems? They could do the same for desktops/laptops & yes I understand that there's a ton of models out there but by allowing to only include or exclude certain operating systems, with a little homework, the advertiser could then be able to target only the devices/operating systems they choose.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tablets with Full Browsers Targeting...

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Allen,

I thought I should pitch in to this thread as I've spoken to a Google support person at length on this topic. Your point is quite understandable, as I've been through similar instances. However, what I feel is that Google has come up with such a model in enhanced campaigns (device bid adj only for mobile)  based on user behavior across devices. As a business, visibility on desktops & laptop has become a bare minimum and hence no option to exclude completely is available. Same goes with tablets, as the browsing pattern is pretty much similar (as per Google's analysis) to computers. Based on the business and its objectives, visibility on mobile devices (high/low) requires to be customized, as the pattern/behavior is quite different and hence the option for bid adj.

I'd like to ask here about the product/service you're advertising, so I can probably help with any suggestions.

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar