Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tablet CPC increased 1000% in one day

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

in one day CPC for tablets increased 1000%. I'm curious about how can this be, since if no one can modify his bids for tablets how can there be such a huge different?
EDIT - thanks all for trying to help :-)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tablet CPC increased 1000% in one day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Natti,

If you go to your campaign settings, to the Bid Strategy section, do you have it set at "I'll manually set my bids for clicks" or "AdWords will set my bids to help maximize clicks within my target budget"?

If it is set to Automatic, this could be the reason for the increase.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Can you show the breakdown by keywords? There could be keywords that are more expensive on tablets...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Natti A,

A simple answers at first go -> tools -> check change history for specific date which day you find high CPC from tablet.

I more confident due to any changes you have found this high avg CPC.
Because there are many reasons just not only adjustment of bidding for devices (there is also not possible to adjust the bid for tablet, it's only possible with mobile).

Possible things like:
1) high volume keywords (which is mostly searched by tablet user).
2) Any country (where have mostly tablet user).
3) your any small changes like in sitemap extension setting & specified for Desktop and tablet devices only etc.

As camper to guess some different things, you go immediately on history tab & share the changes info, which has done by you. then we will reach to exact reasons.

Regards
Mohit

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

sadly it's manually set.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
it's just one keyword.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks - but no changes were made, the sudden increase was across ALL COUNTRIES. no changes were made to the site.