AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Tablet Bid Adjustments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With Microsoft Ads you can make bid adjustments for tablets and for audience age. Why not with Google???

Re: Tablet Bid Adjustments

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi John,

When you Create a new Campaign that targets the Display Network you will see under settings :

Desktops and laptops, mobile devices, and tablets

Devices
Ads will show on all types of devices by default.

+ Advanced mobile and tablet options

Press + and it will come up this :

Advanced mobile and tablet options
Operating systems
All available operating systems
Let me choose...
Device models
All available devices
Let me choose...
Carriers and Wi-Fi
All available carriers and Wi-Fi
Let me choose...

You can then choose and target by
Operating systems
Device models
& Carriers and Wi-Fi

There are plenty of options there.

As it concerns the Audience Age, once you have set up the campaign for Display Network go to the Display Network Tab , then choose Age / Gender etc and you are there.

You can then choose your targets and Pause the others etc.

Hope i helped you.
George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm getting way too many clicks from tablets and smartphones. I only want clicks from computers. So far, I am only able to reduce the "bid adjustment" for "Mobile devices with full browsers".

I have a campaign with "Search Network with Display Select". I do not see a setting called "+ Advanced mobile and tablet options". Am I missing something?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Unfortunately, you cannot opt out of Tablet targeting. Google believes that tablet and desktop search behaviors are similar and, therefore, they are grouped together and included in all search campaigns. You can set the mobile bid adjustment to -100% in order to opt out of mobile devices.

Hope this helps!