5.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Suggestion for YouTube Promoted Video

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Each promoted video has some additional advertising tools.  One of the problems I have is all the recommended videos from other channels in my promoted video.  For example, this video is promoted.  I want those I have brought to my channel to see my content and hopefully subscribe.  Many people think the content in the side, is from the channel of the video they are watching.  

• I advertise a promoted video and bring viewers to my YouTube channel
  • Viewers come to the video, may watch a few minutes
  • Then viewers become distracted by "other channel video" in the promoted video, recommended/suggested video section
  • They leave my video to someone elses channel and are promptly steered back off of YouTube
  • My advertising dollars are benefiting other channels and not benefiting my channel as much as it could
When a video is actively promoted, we should have the ability to set in all of our own content to suggested videos in the side.   OR the algorithm should be prompted that the video is promoted and randomly select videos from the channel promoting the video.  

Otherwise, what is my incentive to continue paying to advertise, when I don't feel like I am getting my money's worth?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Teresa
September 2015

Re: Suggestion for YouTube Promoted Video

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Thank you, Theresa for sharing.
Zee