AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden drop of Impressions but still a great CTR?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ever since the begining of the month i have experienced a dramatic drop in impressions + conv. goals completions.. (this month so far - 43 goal compl. , last month same time - 460) i haven't made any major changes in the last 16 days, but the change is sudden. I still have a good CTR of 12% that haven't changed since the last month ....
Is there anything besides a new competitor maybe that could be the reason here? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden drop of Impressions but still a great CTR?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Veronicca,

Welcome back after a long time Smiley Happy

Have you checked the impression share report? Also check and compare the total number of click for this and same period of previous month.

If you have lost the impression share then you need to optimize further.

If not and the number of clicks are also reduced with same ratio then it might be due to seasonal Trend.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you , and thank you for the quick and informative response! Smiley Happy

i haven't lost impression share and the number of clicks are reduced with the same ratio, but what makes me really worried is the dramatic change -53% ...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Veronicca P
January 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes, if the click are also ddecreased with the same ratio and iimpressions share is still same. It seems to be a change in trend. So, there is no need to be worried. THough keep an eye on search term report.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’