2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden bounce rate decrease - PPC traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello there. From Google Analytics I have seen that the bounce rate of the traffic coming from my AdWords campaigns has undergone a sudden change from  27% to 7%. How is this possible? What could be the causes for this? This is obviously not due to my optimization efforts Smiley Happy 

Thank you for helping me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden bounce rate decrease - PPC traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Serena P as I'm sure you're aware, bounce rate can be thought of as a measure of interest in your website where the lower the figure, the greater the level of interest (this assumes you would expect more than one page to be visited, of course).  If you've done nothing in AdWords to increase relevance (and therefore interest) then the change can only really be one of two things; either there has been a general increase in interest for your product/service (seasonal, news related, etc.) or your site has changed in some way.

Has there been any change to your site - no matter how insignificant it might be?  Is your business likely to be seasonally affected or influenced by news events?  How much history do you have showing the higher rate?  Have changes like this occurred in the past?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon, thank you for your prompt reply. I am aware of the fact that the lower the bounce rate, the better, but in this case it is way too low to be even considered "normal", so I was wondering if there are any technical issues there..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Serena P, as I said, it's either external (increased interest in your business/service) or it's a change to the website.

Has the website changed at all?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits