Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Impression lost due to budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Googlies ! 

I have question for you. I am running this campaign for a client. So far we were kind of restricted by volume and had sometime a hard time to meet media spend. Only 1-3% impression lost due to budget.

In march , we decided to increase our bid by 30% in order to boost our rank as impression lost due to rank were quite high.

Since then , Adwords is suddenly suggesting to increase our daily budget by $1500. 

Why or How can we jump from barely reaching media spend to suddenly having to increase our daily budget by 190%??

Thanks for you help

2 Expert replyverified_user

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Julie B,

I suppose that with the increased bids your ads will be eligible for more auctions than before. And at the same time, your budget will be spent much faster with higher bids.

Also, I do not know the competition for your keywords, and some changes there might affect your optimal budget too. You may try using Auction insight to see your campaign compared to other advertisers participating in the same auctions.

Regards,
Eva

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

[A part of my reply was not posted so I re-post]

I would not  recommend applying the system's recommendations without testing first;

It's clear that raising the bid could result is a shortage of budget (assuming you are now paying more per click). But I would first Increase the budget moderately, assuming that with some optimizations you can   "absorb" some if the increase in CPC.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’