AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Drop in Clicks and Cost

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team

In the month of august  i am started a new campaign with a budget of $130 per day in the end it generated 22,897 clicks , 56,859 impressions with an a cost of $2469.39, 

Coming to this Month (September) campaign generated 8,911 clicks , 20,988 impressions and cost is $769.36

All settings , bids , budget are same as in the august month but clicks are dropped by 61% why this campign dropped significantly.

Please team get me out from this issues.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden Drop in Clicks and Cost

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Vikas,

Few things to analyse here:-

1. Did you make any changes to your account in terms of keyword matching options, ad copies, landing page etc...?

2. Look at the Impression Share data and compare the current stats with past month. This would give you analysis of where the Impression Share has gone down. Also review the Impression Share Lost due to Ad Rank.

Also compare the date range and see when exactly the dip happened?

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pankaj

Thanks for the reply

1. From campaign starting to till this month i am not changed any bids, match types, ad copies

2.Search Impression share is lost by 1% from Last month to this month And Search Lost impression share lost (Rank) is decreased from 17.29% to 12.18% at campaign level

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Vikas,

Did you implement ad scheduling in your campaigns? If yes, that could be another potential reason to lose the traffic.

Also, if you were running any additional campaigns in the past and not currently, that could led to low traffic as well.

Other than this, I can't think of different reason of potential traffic loss by 61%.

Pankaj