Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Downfall in clicks and Impressions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Experts,

You are doing great job here.

I have a problem. In one of my adwords account, the clicks and impressions of all campaigns (i.e., serach ad campaigns and shopping feed campaigns) getting low suddenly. Even quality scores for all keywords are also very good and score is above 8. The budget is not getting spend completely.

I cant understand the reason of the sudden downfall.

Please give your suggestion and guide me.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden Downfall in clicks and Impressions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Divya,

Have you checked your monthly keyword search volume ?
Any recent changes you made to your campaign like budget, bid or ad copy?
Any new competitor started advertising?

Compare your auction insight from last week when your impression & click was on higher side and see now who is getting most of the impression on your keyword.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Alok,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have checked my keywords monthly search volume and they are relevant and good.

My keywords estimated first page bid is suddenly changed to high bid so that i increase the bid. Talk about budget and ads, i have created new ads but did not change in old ads and about budget, i have increased the budget.

My impression share is also going to down as compare to my competitor and average position is also getting high.

Thanks
Divya

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Looks like an account level issue as all campaigns are experiencing this. Have you checked if there are sufficient funds in the account?

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Check your strongest keywords in Google trends and select 7 days and see if there is any drop in search .

Go to Column => Competitive Metrics and enable

Search Impr. share
Search Exact match IS
Search Lost IS (rank)
Search Lost IS (budget)

and compare these data with previous week when your impression & clicks was normal.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes checked Sumanth, Its all fine.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

How old os this account?

The reason I ask is that new accounts always get quality scores assigned based on aggregate data from similar accounts and keywords. After a few days - and it can be longer - Google will adjust these QS to reflect your own data.

Sometimes our QS take a hit and this would certainly affect your numbers.

Run a comparison of date ranges and look to see which keywords have taken the biggest hit in impressions and clicks - look at their average positions - have these changed at the same time?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi stickleback,

My account is 22 months year old. Yes, average position changed but very slightly we cannot talk that a big difference.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes Alok,

The Search Lost IS (rank) and Search Exact match IS for past 7 days are at higher percentage than the normal clicks week.

And one more thing i am not able to understand that for last 5 months i have added keywords in the broad match modifier and now from last 7 days, all keyword's bids increased to very high.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Look like your competitor is bidding high on your targeted keyword. 

You are loosing impression because of low ad rank but you told that your QS is around 8 it means it's bid which is preventing your impression. 

See if you can increase your bid for 2 days so you would know the exact problem.