Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Dip in Performance of Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks,

I need some urgent help with my Adwords account. I have been running a successful campaign for the last six months with no problem at all. But all of a sudden in the last week the performance started dipping gradually to such an extent that today my ad is displayed on the displayed at the top but still I dont get any clicks at all. The average position for the keyword is 1.4 and even then I have a tough time getting any clicks. The keyword is the same I have been using for the last six months.

Plz help

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden Dip in Performance of Campaign

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Abhishek,

Did you check your quality score? You can hover over the bubble next to the keyword status and that will tell you what your quality score is. If it is low, you can also figure out why from the same bubble. Have there been any changes to your landing page? Are all your ads approved?

Do check all this and revert. Someone on the community will have a solution for sure.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Here are few pointer worth trying

1. Check your impression share and compare it against historical data and see if it has dropped

2. Check actual impression received and again check it against historical data.

3. Check if you have changed Geo targetting

Check this out and report back here

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

And to follow with the other answers:

Have you made any changes to your landing page lately?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi AbhiShek,

Were your keywords running at lower positions earlier? Just a suggestion because for a lot of my accounts top positions have not been favourable at all. So try running your keywords at earlier positions.

Also, have you added any negative keywords? Try running a keyword diagnosis which will inform you if there are any critical issues with your account.

As Heta suggested, check for any disapproval in the account and the keyword speech bubble which will tell you if you are facing any trouble with the landing page or the quality score.

Hope this helps.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The quality score is what it was earlier. No changes have been made to the landing page as well and yes all my ads are approved...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you say "Keyword Diagnosis Tool" do you mean the Ad Preview and Diagnosis or is it something else. If it something other than what I am thinking please let me know....And also where do I find it...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi AbhiShek,

I mean the Diagnose Keyword option in AdWords. Within the keyword tab, you will be able to find it under the 'More Action' column. Here is a screenshot for the same: http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2rbq7/1imq

Just a tip, when you are running the keyword diagnosis, run it for each camapign seperately, as you might have different settings for different campaigns.

Hope this helps you out.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi AbhiShek,

Everything seems fine Landing Page & Adcopies are approved. I recommend you to test new enticing adcopies with strong call to action. If possible try to use top performing keywords from your adgroups to adcopy but it should make sense. It should not look like keyword stuffing.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

Tom