Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Dip in Performance of Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

For one of my Real Estate client based in South India. From the start of this month campaign performance has dipped. Can anyone help me in getting out of this situation, all suggestions regarding campaign optimization are welcome.

Thanks,

Anurag

Re: Sudden Dip in Performance of Campaign

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Please provide more details, the word "performance" can mean many things, less impressions, lower CTR, less conversions or more expensive conversions, higher avg. cpc.

To diagnose , have you attempted using the segmenting metrics and comparing, for example day parts , locations,devices to isolate a pattern ? Maybe only some keywords received higher competition and have less impressions, or maybe a certain location has higher competition or maybe you do not receive as many mobile clicks as before.

Also it would be useful to make an inventory of changes during this drop, for example have you changed landing pages or Ad Texts ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Adrian,

Conversions are down and CPA is also high. I haven't tried any new Landing Pages.

Can you suggest me some best practices that you have tried in for Real Estate industries, hopefully that will help me in getting some ideas of what to do in my accounts.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anurag Saxena
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think for Real Estate accounts , pictures and GPS location are the best advertising tools. For this I would recomend reading this case study about how a mobile app could help your advertising efforts :

http://www.google.com/think/case-studies/fueled-by-data.html

I would underline the following "Shadbolt says most Corcoran Android users are using the “near me” search functionality,"

Because home buying is a long process of research I would make sure that I have activated the conversion window for 90 days and I would use Remarketing to re-engage visitors with nice banners.

You can also use remarketing for search ads for audiences up to 180 days.

I would expect most of your visitors not to convert on the first visit.

I would look at Google trends to understand when are the best months for certain search terms and draw a conclusion that maybe winter is not the best time to visit and buy homes.

See here the descending trend for "real estate" in India , in December 

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=real%20estate&geo=IN&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=geo

It could simply be seasonality , the problem which affected your advertising campaigns.

Did you run the same campaigns last December with different results ? For how long have you been advertising this real estate business ?

For more general Advice I would recommend the following recent thread :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/From-the-Community-Team/Boost-Your-AdWords-account-Optimizat...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for help, I have faced the same situation last year and that time I came out of this situation by exploring mobile devices.

I have one more question by sticking to only Google Adwords tools, I want to explore more NRI's staying in US, UK and Australia, can you help me with some solutions that can help me in better targeting those target audience.

Thanks.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have no idea how to target Non resident indians, except with Ads written in Hindi and language targeting Hindi. Maybe it would be a good idea to start this topic in a new thread to allow more forum members to notice it.

There are also some suggestions here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Can-we-target-Indian-people-in-US/m-p/1994...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Adrian.