Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Success story?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hallo,

Id like to share with you little story of small construction company located in East Europe.

My fater, 63 with his colleagues same age, universtity educated contruction experts owned small contruction company since 1995. They never had a webpage or advertisement of any kind. Since 1995 life was tough, hard, they instead of office work were on the constructions working manualy brick by brick. What they earned was just enough to pay the bills, no savings at all. After 2010 they were most of the time unemployed, without construction work offers, new agressive companies take over all of the demand, agressive with young engineers. Situation from business perspective was that critital they had to took a loan to pay state tax (here we pay taxes even when business is in loss or when no income..)

This year 2016, they all went to retirement but still with nostalgia, what do to when retired, simply, life without work was not possible for them and also not an option. So I told my father, look you never wanted a webpage, no advertisement of any kind so its too late to complain. Train is far far away to catch it. This old owners, my father with colleagues never believed in internet and virtual advertisement and its power and Google was for them same myth as facebook, they dont even have fb accounts or gmails. .. so I created a webpage for them incognito without their knowledge and started AdWords campaign. They had no clue I created webpage and started ads.

I started in 06/2016 creating a webpage, slowly day by day and later AdWords ads.

This month, october, they had demand for construction works in total over 1 000 000 €, Just in one month. 

This old workers ready to retire now younger 20 years, gained full new energy, they are runnig here and there, papers here, papers there, tons of phonecalls, meetings... I never saw tham so happy and full of energy in my whole life. They are all saying Google here, Google there Smiley Happy 

Is this success story? For me, yes. I see my father happy again. Couldn't describe how.

There is a chance for everyone to start again. Success will come, soon or later. It just need a time, lots of work, and Google will do the rest.

Michal.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Success story?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Great to hear Adwords has helped you reach success Michal Smiley Happy 

Success story?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Great success story...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Success story?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

But Michal are you going to surprise invoice them for accumulated ad spend plus interest someday?

Re: Success story?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Steve B wrote:

But Michal are you going to surprise invoice them for accumulated ad spend plus interest someday?

no. btw father dont know one have to pay Google for ads. Smiley Wink

Success story?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Keep him in the dark!  He'll make you stop if he finds outSmiley Happy

I see this with quite a few millennial friends who have great social media and digital skills, helping their folks out with digital marketing. Pretty cool that you're able to do that.