Guide Me
star_border

Struggling with low Impression Share

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

I need a help with my Google Adwords account.

I have created a campaign on my product. I have structured it as "Single Ad Per Ad Group" and added the keywords with all match type(i.e Modified broad match, Exact match and phrase match Type) in these Adgroups and included a couple of ad copies. Now the problem is, I have received only around 50 impressions in more than three weeks and my search impression share is less than 10% for all keywords and groups. This is also happening for the keywords where my quality score is 10/10. 

Kindly guide me on improving my performance.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harshad N
June 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If you are using keywords like crm software in all the match types(except broad) then keywords are fine to trigger the ads.

As mentioned by you that the avg. position is 6, this is issue for ads reach.

Bid high to improve ad positions(avg at least 3.5).

Also, make separate campaigns for each country with individual budgets for better performance and ease of optimization.

Otherwise, ads will not serve for all the countries.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Re: how to increase impression share

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Harshad N,

I am unable to understand your account structure.

I have structured it as "Single Ad Per Ad Group" and added the keywords with all match type(i.e Modified broad match, Exact match and phrase match Type) in these Adgroups and included a couple of ad copies.

It means neither an ad group contains single keyword nor single ad.

Using couple of ad copies is fine but using all the match type for a single keyword may create issues and the BMM may restrict the other match types to trigger the ads.

Are you using long tail keywords?

How you are bidding for all the match types, is it the same or different CPC bids?

Bid highest for Exact match type.

• If QS is 10 then you need to bid high.
  • Use ad extensions.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks For Your View @Archit,

The question on Account Structure

I have created different ad groups for different keywords i.e 1 ad group has the only single keyword with different match types. ( to improve the ad relevancy and I have achieved above Avg for all keyword on ad relevancy)

The answer to "How you are bidding for all the match types, is it the same or different CPC bids?"

I am using different bids for different match types, Highest for exact match and lowest for modified broad match.

Please let me know if unable to follow.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Check, if the bids are less than the estimated first page bids.

If keywords are long tail and very specific.

Check, Search Exact match impression share and Search Lost impressions share due to ad rank

You can ad the above metrics using columns tab > modify columns > competitive metrics

Whats is the average position?

Is the daily budget high enough as compared to the CPC bids?

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again for your suggestions,

I have used root of every keyword so I think the long phrases can be trigger for same keyword,

For instance, my keyword is "CRM software", now this keyword can trigger the search term as best crm for school" also that means I don't have to target all the related keywords. Please let me know if I am correct on this.

My average position is around 6 for all keywords

And as you mentioned my daily budget must be the issue as I am targeting 4 countries.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harshad N
June 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If you are using keywords like crm software in all the match types(except broad) then keywords are fine to trigger the ads.

As mentioned by you that the avg. position is 6, this is issue for ads reach.

Bid high to improve ad positions(avg at least 3.5).

Also, make separate campaigns for each country with individual budgets for better performance and ease of optimization.

Otherwise, ads will not serve for all the countries.

Regards