Strict and non-strict keywords in Keyword Planner

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've noticed that in Keyword Planner

• "Bible study"

shows no impressions when there is also

• Bible study

As far as I remember this was not so earlier.

Did Keyword Planner algorithm changed?

Should we now use only broad keywords, as strict are excluded automatically?

Or do I misunderstand something?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Strict and non-strict keywords in Keyword Planner

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

I am sorry, but I am not able to duplicate your problem. When I test multiple match types in the keyword tool, it seems to work fine.

Try clearing out your results and testing again.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Check also this discussion. It can help you on the topic of  the keywords planner and mach types

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Keyword-Planner/m-p/442616

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Victor P,

From the keyword planner are you referring only to the 3rd option "Get traffic forecasts for a list of keywords" ?

If yes, did you enter a daily budget and a bid ?

I am able to see the same by making a search for "All locations" and language english for these 2 keywords, see below . This is until I enter a daily budget and a bid, after this, the table starts populating with numbers.

get-forecasts.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Adrian B wrote:

Hello Victor P,

From the keyword planner are you referring only to the 3rd option "Get traffic forecasts for a list of keywords" ?

If yes, did you enter a daily budget and a bid ?

I am able to see the same by making a search for "All locations" and language english for these 2 keywords, see below . This is until I enter a daily budget and a bid, after this, the table starts populating with numbers.

Yes,  I refer to "Get traffic forecasts for a list of keywords". I set bid, but not daily budget.

If I enter both keywords, I see zero for "Bible study" (in quotes). If I enter only "Bible study" (in quotes), it is non-zero.

It seems that the behavior of Keyword Planner has changed regarding using together less strict and more strict keywords.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I tested it again and now it shows non-zero for both strict and non-strict keywords.

Probably this was a temporary Google bug. The issue is closed.