Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Strategy for Long gestation-period/buying-cycle products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

What should be the AdWords Strategy for products that have a long gestation period / buying cycle - like in the sports / leisure vehicles. Customers tend to know about the product much before buying - sometimes 3 years before they make the purchase. Our landing page has a contact form CTA of "Learn More" - rather than "Order Now". We put the leads through a newsletter which contains recent developments, reviews, promotions, demos or test drives, etc. I am not sure if this is the right CTA as well - "learn more" (doesn't interest anybody to signup?). Our campaign targeting the product name & generic search terms isn't yielding leads one week after launch. 

Given this, what should my adwords strategy be? Should I stick to search, try display? What am I missing here?

Thank you all in advance for your kind help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Strategy for Long gestation-period/buying-cycle products

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Subash

3 years is a quite long time and I never had to chance to work for these kind of campaigns where the buying cycle is too long.

My first thought after reading your post is you should consider using AdWords re-marketing feature for this, you can even target these users on Search as well through RLSA(Remarketing List For Search Ads). You should consider making different remarketing list on the basis of duration like for 360/720 days etc. and also make campaigns for them accordingly.

Hope that make sense....!

Abhishek

Re: Strategy for Long gestation-period/buying-cycle products

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI @Subash B

Another idea: What about brand awareness all year long by targeting topics  or placements?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’