5.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Strange same location clicks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have got campaigns where targeted each campaign for each city.

lets say each city reach 200000 potential customers

The strange thing is that most of phone calls comes just form couple postal codes from entire city

see image exactly what i mean.

Maybe adwords algorithm don't care about targeting settings,

and they decide to target how they want   ?????? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Strange same location clicks

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your posting. How long has your campaigns been running? Weeks? Months I assume you did location targetting for each of the cities you mentioned? You also mentioned most calls, how many calls are you getting in the other city locations? Please clarify.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Campaign been running for a year.
not all targeted city but some of them.
for example we v got 60 calls and 50 of them from that area which I mentioned above.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
What country are you targeting?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Im targeting some cities in Canada

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Then that is probably an issue with location targeting not perfect: IP addresses are assigned to another geo-region. This could happen;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am just wondering : Location of phone calls reported in adwords, uses the same tracking as location clicks through IP ? I thought by being mobile click to call Google uses GSM triangulation or GPS coordinates.

Maybe that location is the root of the mobile phone carrier, like their headquarters. Are all phone numbers from the same network ?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
NO;
To my knowledge of the telecom industry, phone calls locations are not tracking using the IPS IP assigned addresses, but using the telecom companies call tracking systems.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, thank you for clarifying.Robot Happy