Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Strange errors when creating Experiment

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm getting errors when setting up an experiment. I've contacted my account strategist who was not helpful so I'm posting here. All I'm doing is creating a draft of a campaign, editing the final URLs of all ads (still the same domain), and then applying as an experiment. I've tried it several times over the last week and getting the errors below on the All Experiments page after I click on "Unable To Create" which don't make sense to me. Any idea what's going on here? Thanks

experiment error.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Strange errors when creating Experiment

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi WebEminence,

I know you posted this a couple days ago. Are you still seeing this error?

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Sorry, getting back into this now. I just tried to apply this experiment and got all these same errors again. Any ideas what might be going on? It seems pretty buggy because the errors don't make much sense. This is a 'search network only' campaign so I'm not sure why the Youtube errors are showing up.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi there,

Please look out for an email from me. I'd like to get more details from you about the issue and your account.

Thanks!
Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@CassieH

I responded to your email. Thanks for looking into this.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Thanks! The technical team is looking into this now.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks - please follow up for me. I've had issues escalated to the technical team in the past with Adwords and Analytics and never heard back Smiley Sad
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WebEminence
August 2016

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi there,

Please check your email! The technical team took a look and it seems like it may some final url/display urls mismatches, as well as placements accidentally added in AdWords Editor to your Search campaign causing these errors.

Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Cassie! Yes - there were some mismatched URLs on removed ads that were from years ago and were using tracking URLs. And placements were added in Adwords Editor by accident. So once I remove these I suspect it will work fine.

Strange errors when creating Experiment

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

WebEminence, how did it go, have you been able to resolve the issue? And what exactly do you mean by placements? 

I'm having the exact same issue right now - some ad groups with the errors "This ad can't be added to this ad group". I double checked the display URL with the Final URL of all the ads, including removed ones, they all match. Please, give me an idea where to look. Thanks.