AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Stop my ad showing on www.google.co.in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Please let me know how I can stop my ads showing on www.google.co.in

My targeted location set to Sydney - Australia and currently my ad only visible to people who are physically located in  Sydney - Australia. 

How would I archive the following:

1. I would like my ads to be shown to people who search via www.google.com.au only
  2. Prevent my ads from showing to people who are physically located in  Sydney - Australia but search via www.google.co.in 
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Stop my ad showing on www.google.co.in

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Alexander P there's no way to specify which Google property your Search Ads appear upon - other than the broad option of omitting/including Search Partners.

Are you seeing particularly poor results from searches via this domain?  Purely as a matter of interest, what data source are you using to see the split in your Search traffic?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
According to your targeting your ad shouldn't be displayed in google.co.in. Can you run a keyword diagnosis using this targeting criteria and post a screenshot please
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Alexander P there's no way to specify which Google property your Search Ads appear upon - other than the broad option of omitting/including Search Partners.

Are you seeing particularly poor results from searches via this domain?  Purely as a matter of interest, what data source are you using to see the split in your Search traffic?

Jon

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Nisal L although Google may use the search portal as part of location verification, if there are other more accurate indications of location it will use those, so it is quite possible for someone using google.co.in who appears to be physically in Australia to see Ads targeted for Australia.

Jon

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Alexander,

As you have already targeted Sydney with advance location option as "people in my target location", it means only people physically located in Sydney can see you ads. And Google show ads on that particular country's Google domain which you have targeted.
But Google tracks country's IP and might be ads can be shown to people who have IP of the targeted country but changed the Google to another country's Google.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I lose money for all the clicks that come through google.co.in because all of those clicks are not relevant due to the nature of my ads and services I offer. I can see from my website logs show that those visits come from google.co.in

It is actually possible for someone to use google.co.in and to be physically located in Sydney, Australia. Imagine the following situation: someone from India visits Sydney or even lives in Sydney but his computer and/or browser have Indian settings or preferences and his google search page is google.co.in and not google.com.au. It also possible that those people just used to type google.co.in in their browser despite they are located in Australia.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Yes, you are right as these may be the possible reasons.

But I don't think that you will get a lot of clicks from google.co.in as there must not be so many users using google.co.in being physically present in Sydney, Australia.

If it is done intentionally from a particular person, AdWords will start to flag clicks from that particular person as invalid and eventually stop displaying that advertiser to that person.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the explanation but I'm still confused here. I thought advancted targeting option ( Which is located in or searching for) should able to stop this happening completely, Isn't it?