AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Stop freelancers from clicking my links?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I'm running a translations agency and using Adwords to get new clients. My biggest problem is that a lot of the people that is actually clicking my Adwords-links is freelancers who would like to work for my agency. This is something the I'm not interested in and they are taking up a huge amount of my budget. 

Does anyone have ideas about how limit the amount of freelancers clicking my links? 

Best regards

Christian 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Stop freelancers from clicking my links?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christian A,

I would definitely suggest using negative keywords if you aren't do so already. They will prevent your ads appearing on particular search terms / words that you set. In your case, I'd be looking to include the following for example:

freelance

career

employment

employer

work

You just have to be careful that you don't include negative keywords that could potentially be searched on by potential clients also. To help with this, you can review the search term report to see the exact searches these freelancers have been using to discover your ads.

The links have pretty clear instructions but please let me know if you need help with anything!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Stop freelancers from clicking my links?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christian A,

I would definitely suggest using negative keywords if you aren't do so already. They will prevent your ads appearing on particular search terms / words that you set. In your case, I'd be looking to include the following for example:

freelance

career

employment

employer

work

You just have to be careful that you don't include negative keywords that could potentially be searched on by potential clients also. To help with this, you can review the search term report to see the exact searches these freelancers have been using to discover your ads.

The links have pretty clear instructions but please let me know if you need help with anything!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Stop freelancers from clicking my links?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I agree with @ScottyD. How do you know these are freelancers, unless you have review the search terms report? If you do, then you can quickly and easily see and exclude the most costly irrelevant terms. Scott also pointed out a few broad(er) negative keywords that could help exclude many of these searches.

Tom