AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Steps to Increase Clicks on my ads - Am I Missing Something?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

My campaigns are all restructured now and ads and keywords are targeted. The ads have started performing (not upto my satisfaction though).

I have made some changes in the setting like "Show ads as fast as Google Can" Accelerated Option. I just needed to know if I am doing it right Or if I am missing some more steps in settings etc that I need to do.

My objective is to increase the clicks on my ads now! Need to do the settings bit correct!

Thanks,

Chris

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Steps to Increase Clicks on my ads - Am I Missing Something?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Make sure misspelling & plurals shows  also its more about keywords and ads 

Hope this helps

Maged Wassef
Adwords Guru and a Mini Genius I Follow @TopRankGuru
Please Star My reply If it helped you Smiley Very Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Chris,

You probably don't want to use the "Accelerated" option, I'd stick with "Standard" delivery if I were you. 

Getting more clicks is usually about two things:  relevancy and Ad content (copy).  Relevancy means making sure your Ads are only shown to people who are really going to be interested in your Ads.  It makes sense that if someone is searching for a hotel in London and you show an Ad for a hotel in Paris, they're unlikely to click the Ad.   Ad copy is all about making sure the Ads are attractive as well as relevant.  It's important that Ads read well, make sense, and appear to offer exactly what the searcher is looking for.  Make sure they include a strong call to action.

How many Ad variations do you have in each Ad Group?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
My suggestion is to also test Dynamic ads with other ads in a adgroup. more details here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe you can dig little deeper and segment no of clicks you are getting along the time, location, ad copy, keyword, etc with the help of analytics. Then you can target those of the parameters where/when/what get more than clicks than often. Then You bid competitively to secure better ad position for your ads on above parameters. This might increase the number of clicks and also improve your CTR. 

Also you can cover up for lost impression share.

Hope it works!

Ujjwal

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.